Saturday 15 January 2011

If you can't beat 'em join 'em

Spot the difference...

That's right all you eagled eyed ladies and gentlemen out there, the top brown sign is FAKE!

My visual cortex has more cell space than most dedicated to the colour brown on sign shaped objects, so I'm very good at noticing oddities in brown tourist signs. Over the years I've noticed quite a few fake brown signs but usually I've been on a motorway somewhere when taking a picture would be more dangerous than normal so I've never recorded the event. To my delight I found this brown sign recently in Christchurch, Dorset pointing the way to a little tea room. I told you, brown signs are so good they're getting ripped off, 'mazing.

When a thing has been said and well said, have no scruple; take it and copy it - Anatole France (French Writer, won the Nobel Prize for Literature 1921)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What think you? Go ahead...